Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Catch up time

I've been spending all my spare writing time on the Britishexpats forum, writing this and that and posting on others threads.

We have decided to apply to immigrate to Canada via the long term/slow route, which is under the skilled Worker Permanent Residents route. This process could take between 36-48 months because the Canadian High Comission in London only has an annual quota of 16,000 visas to dish out but 32-48,000 are applying.

We sent off our application last Friday the 8th June, and just to get an Aknowledgement of Receipt takes about 4 months, but at least we can get in the queue now that it's in.

The reason for this change of approach is for the financial security that we will have in 3 years time. That's not to say that we won't both have to work anyway, but that we will be elligible for a small monthly income and a lump sum that we wouldn't get if we went now.

My cast is a distant memory, but getting rid of all the swelling and getting back all the movement that I had there is taking alot longer than I anticipated. lots of physio and exercise is helping. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a heffalump now, I put on alot of weight whilst being immobile and nothing fits anymore, apart from my flexible friends, elasticated everything!

I've yet to get back on the bike again but the pangs are getting too much and I have just been out and bought some LARGE sized protective clothing, insured the bike again, and am waiting for the docs to come through so that I can get the tax sorted. I also have to take her for her first MOT within a month. She is sitting in the garage covered in dust so needs some tlc too.

Big apologies to anyone that still bothers to see if I am writing but check out the forum if you want to see what is drawing me away from here.

8 comments:

meredic said...

At last! Nice to see you round and about.
Its a sort of a joke you see.... round ... oh... never mind.

Anonymous said...

It's not the year of the cow, or the pig, or the horse - seems to be the year of the "Broken limb". So many people I know have broken soemthing this year, and now me too!

C'est la bleedn vie, I suppose!

Theblonde said...

Meredic - Ha bleeding haha!
The words from the song; 'Hey fatty boom-boom, sweet sugar dumpling' are particularly relevent to me at the moment, but hey, it won't stop me from doing what I do! More exercise=less weight, less food=less weight. I must chant that regularly. Yes, maybe that will help.....

Pete - Hello my one-armed bandit-brother, hope you can manage to do with your left hand what you would normally do with your right,no juggling at the moment though, or playing the guitar, that must be frustrating.

Dave said...

Good to see you're back and bouncing around.

Pat said...

The three times I was in plaster was accompanied with the dratted weight gain and the older you are the more difficult it is to lose it. However nil desperandum, I manage to keep under 9 stone by the skin of my teeth so persevere. Glad to have you back

Theblonde said...

DaveM - Bouncing? Ouch! I wish!

Pat - 9 stone! I can only dream of such a weight! It's sooo hard to lose it & I need to find my motivation, oh well, I'll work on it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting yourself on the list.

You may be surprised at how quickly the time will go.

Theblonde said...

Hi there & thanks Greavsie, it's lovely to have a goal, you know, something to work towards that will be life changing. I know that you have talked about something like this too for your future, (albeit in the UK and on 'high' flood-free ground!), wonder what you'll do eventually?