Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What! No French?

I am on tenderhooks now for the rest of the week. Last night I went to my first French class of the year, a GCSE course this year. I wondered as I sat down and looked around, I wondered whether there would be sufficient numbers for the course to run. Only 5 of us were there, then another, and after we had started another came in so we were 7 and the course needs 10.

A woman came in and told us that the first class would run, but that we would be contacted by the end of the week about whether the course would continue.

I really want this class to continue because I want to get to the stage where I can help us get some more points on our Canadian application and I need at least an 'A' level for that.

By the end of the evening we had decided to contact last years students to see if any more of them wanted to continue, and if not then we can work privately with our teacher in a group that visits a different one of our homes each week so that we can sill do the year.

So I wait anxiously and hope for the easy option, Anyone want to join us? We only need 3 more!

4 comments:

meredic said...

Maybe you do it already but .... I learned a lot of french from comic books and pulp fiction ( particularly science fiction in my case) and of course getting a French Newspaper.

meredic said...

I can send you 'La Brève Histoire Du Temps' if you like, or perhaps 'La Philosophie Dans Le Boudoir' might suit?

Theblonde said...

Were you one of those that read 'Tintin' & 'Asterix and Obelix' comics in french I wonder?

Thanks you for your offer to send me some light/night reading. Perhaps I'll just go and read an online newspaper instead, maybe not as intriguing as 'La Philosophie Dans le Boudoir' though. Tee-hee!

meredic said...

Tin Tin yep, Asterix yep, and Pif Gadget... every week! I used to love 'Horace the horse of the west'