Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Plastered

Today is the day that we finally get plastered. Our mate Bob has kindly come round after work to put a couple of layers on the landing ceiling. This is a job that has been outstanding for the last 3+ years and means that we can then get on and decorate the hall, stairs and landing. One step closer to finishing the house. No doubt we will have to paint again before we sell when we get our Canadian visas, (when as opposed to if, I say), especially as the kitchen and dining area are lime green and yellow.

Incidentally, I don't think that I mentioned that before we went away for our French holiday, we received our AOR, (which is acknowledgement of receipt), on 1st August and that indicated a 42-48 month wait before our application will start to be processed/looked at. An incredibly long wait isn't it? Just goes to show how many applications are made each year, but as I mentioned before, the CHC in London only issue 16,000 visas each year and between 32-48,000 apply!

Since our return I have received my pension forecast and discovered that I have to work until 25th August 2011, so another nearly 4 years. Hopefully this should all fall together nicely, but an increase in the points requirement would put a spanner in the works wouldn't it! We can but carry on with living our lives and see what happens.....

3 comments:

meredic said...

Thats a long way forward to look if my life is anything to go by.

Pat said...

Well the way my life goes it'll pass in a flash. I envy you the re-decoration. We have just got the garden sorted for the winter but there is much to do indoors and workmen are ace her at not showing.

Theblonde said...

Meredic - Are you back at work yet then? A part-timer now? Yes 4 years does seem like ages away but at least there is something to work towards. I am usually one of those people that wants things to happen right now, but in this case I can wait.

Pat - What a smooth brown ceiling we have this evening! No excuse not to get on with the decorating now is there?
I did happen to notice that you seem to have rather alot of hedges in your garden. Must have taken ages to trim. I'll remember not to have hedges in any future garden I have, just fences and brick walls!