Thursday, September 27, 2007

Games we play


Gman and I have finally found a game that has hooked us and we play a couple of games a few times a week now. The Dutch guys in France this summer bought it for us as a gift because they spent so many evenings with us drinking Gmans beer.
We seem to be quite evenly matched so Gman has a good chance of winning. We wait until the kids are bedded down for the night and peace reigns......then we peel back the table cloth and away we go.......

There are other games we play that he has absolutely no chance of winning such as Canasta or Scrabble, and we do play these on holiday too, but more often we play something that everyone has an even chance of winning such as this version of dominoes. My brother introduced us to this when we were over in Canada. Gadgetgirlie prefers this card game and Gteen just prefers gambling since he was bought this game last Christmas.

7 comments:

Pat said...

In the days when we travelled we used to play a card game which I always won and so we don't play it anymore and MTL says he can't remember which game it was. Drat the man!

Pat said...

Gin Rummy!

Theblonde said...

I remember that!.....We don't play it any more either, I seem to remember 15 cards each and collecting runs or sets, a bit like Canasta, until out of cards.

Anonymous said...

And that's what Rummikub is...

Anonymous said...

And I finally won a game today!!!

Theblonde said...

Hi Pete & Janice - You have time for games? I guess if it rains.....

meredic said...

Hmmm...'then we peel back the table cloth and away we go'.... you know for a moment there, I did consider that I might have entirely missed the point.
;-)