Saturday, April 22, 2006

South with a mate







Devils Dyke view today






Met up with my mate for a day out on the bikes today, but I had to lead, he said. Took him along the route I rode last week, with lots of windy country roads through small villages and a stop at the top of Devils Dyke. Had a hairy left handed 'u' turn into a small road on the way up, that to me, meant that the only safe way was to keep moving slowly, and use the other side of the road to turn into it. Both lanes were on a steep hill upwards. There was a Range Rover approaching that was slowing for the junction anyway and was fortunately nice enough to let me complete my manoeuvre with plenty of space, and just to top it all a steep camber added to the hairiness of it all. Don't want to scratch/damage my bike by dropping it anywhere and that was the place today to be extra careful.





The sun was out and the tide was in down on the beach at Brighton







We sat with our helmets, watching life on the beach. A couple of kids were brave enough to strip down to undies and actually get wet! I have got my jacket on for a reason, despite the sunshine.










The waters off the beach buzzed with boats








I watched this little fella sail in from beyond the pier. I'd only noticed him because he appeared to be learning how to trim his sails because the genny was losing wind all the way in. Then he tried to tack and didn't get her round fast enough so the sails backed and he had to build up speed again before having another go. Even in this photo I reckon the main needs to come in a ways, genny is better now though. I hope he wasn't trying to get anywhere fast!

Matey rang his girlfriend 6 times today, just to report his progress.

Me? I was just out for the ride and didn't need to report to anyone.

No comments: