Thursday, April 20, 2006

Laptop Blues

“So can you leave it with my neighbour then?”
“No, we need you to sign for it.”
“But I’m at work all day every day. Can’t I authorise you to leave it with my elderly neighbour who is in all day tomorrow and happy to receive it for me?”
“No, madam.”
“Why not?”
“It’s Dell policy, madam.”
“Well, can you deliver to my work then?”
“No madam, it must be delivered to the customers address and be signed for by the customer.”
“So where is the nearest depot then?”
“Feltham, madam, but I would have to authorise the depot to release it to you if you are going to collect it.”
“So how can I get it then?”
“I will have to speak to my manager to get authorisation to authorise an exception, and will phone you with the decision this evening.”

The delivery van tried to deliver it again this afternoon, just when Gadgetgirlie needs collecting from school.

So now it’s late o’clock and no phone call from ‘Rohini’ at Dell.

And they don’t deliver on Saturdays……

So much for the ‘free delivery worth £60’ then.

What a mare!

No comments: