Thursday, April 13, 2006

Harley TLC

“So will I notice the difference between the 883 and the 1200 then?” I asked with blonde enthusiasm and style. I felt really stupid as soon as I closed my mouth again.
The guys around grinned and looked at each other with amusement at my dumb question. “Oh yes,” replied the service guy nodding and smiling, “mega difference.”

I am even happier with my choice of bike now, the 883 was gutless and pants in comparison, and they can keep those pipes with blankets stuffed up them. I like to hear the sound of the engine as I ride, and feel reassured that other people hear me coming too, they frequently even move over to let me pass. The 883 was so quiet that no one even knew I was approaching. I am grateful for the courtesy loan though, I’d borrowed another mum to have Gadgetgirlie for the drop off, and will do the same this afternoon for the collection.

So when I pick mine up again later on today, she’ll have had her 5000-mile service and should be roaring with delight, fit and ready for a good few miles on the road this weekend……

If anyone hears of a 04 or later 2nd hand workshop manual for sale for the 1200, then do let me know please, (I have been looking on ebay & HDRCGB), I could save myself a lot of money if I did my own servicing, but for the first one I’m prepared to pay the price. Gulp!

No comments: