Saturday, October 21, 2006

Local sailing club

During our visit to the 'Emigrate' show the other weekend we took a break outside on the grandstand at Sandown, which faces west.

In the distance airplanes landed and left heathrow airport, but my eyes were drawn to a much closer more attractive sight.

White and blue sails of dinghies zoomed across a stretch of water surrounded by greenery and trees a mere couple of miles away. A white clubhouse stood proud on the edge of the reservoir facing us in the sunlight.

Last night I finally got around to locating this club.

In my ideal world, priorities would be different and I would have time to go sailing as well as everything else going on for us.

One day I will, but for now I can dream.



Borrowed Sunfish fun circa 1974. Graham relaxes at the bow, Pete sits next to me. Very little wind helps us along.

No comments: