Monday, September 18, 2006

Qualifying anxt

I've been reading of other peoples experiences of immigrating to Canada to help me to understand the process. 30% of applications from the UK take up to 25 months! The rest take longer. I wonder what the statistics are on rejections, another bit of research to follow.

That's if we even qualify to apply. It seems that we are borderline on the self-assessment forms. I am compiling a list of questions to ask at the emigrate show in a couple of weeks time. I'm loathe to pay the £678 non-refundable application fee if we stand no chance of progressing to the next stage which includes requests for police checks, medicals and supporting documents.

I printed off the guidelines and application form today anyway, just to get acquainted with them. A new simplified form means that we don't have to supply any documents initially. It's only 3 pages long, thank goodness, cos we will have to fill in 4 of them.

Life goes on as usual but inside I really bubble with hundreds of possible outcomes of what we are hoping to do. One minute despondant at the thought that we can't apply for emigration to Canada and the next minute dreaming of a rural life near my brothers.

A successful bootfair yesterday in that more 'must haves' went to good homes where they'll be wanted and appreciated and our clutter decreases slowly but surely.

Another bit of news is that Gman and I start our respective french evening courses this week. We will be able to communicate more efficiently in France next year.

No comments: