Friday, April 07, 2006

Interrupted thinking

Oh hells, bells and buckets of blood!

I am going crazy with frustration.

There is now limited time before I buy a wireless laptop.

This is the only cure apart from ceasing to write/type/blog. Even my mother wonders why I haven’t got one, and she’s really frugal so that means that I must need one.

She is reminded of when we were young and she was the one trying to write, and laughed with empathy at my woes of interrupted thinking. (Actually she thinks it’s payback time). I also can remember her going off to find a quiet spot, her bunk on Kim in the aft cabin was a favourite, clutching her diary and pen and hoping for uninterrupted thinking and writing time. She managed to write several articles and a book so I guess we left her to it sufficiently. Mind you, she did go off and ‘boat sit’ at every opportunity. Goodness knows how she managed to write during the earlier Atlantic crossing, with 3 kids under 7 to tend to, in 32’ x 8’ x 5’ of space for 31 days.

That would be a cheaper option though.

A notebook and pen up on my bed.

But then again this is 2006 not 1976.

I could strap the laptop to the bike and go off to sit somewhere quiet for a while.

Yeah.

No comments: