Monday, March 06, 2006

She's all mine

On Friday I decided that having another Harley was essential to my well being.

That evening evening I started doing some research on the net.

Then I saw the previously posted bike photo on ebay amongst many others, and put the photo up as an example of what I wanted, not knowing that I would buy that very one. After looking the bike over in the various photos that the guy had put on, I decided to phone him up cos he was so local.

On Saturday I had 40 mins spare in my working day to dash over to have a look- see, then we agreed the price, (£5,600, less than I had anticipated). I phoned my bank on Saturday evening, got the cash and insurance this morning before 10, and the guy brought her down. I took him home and then my time was my own for a few hours.

I've just returned from my first ride out, nice sunny day too. Popped down to Box Hill and Newlands Corner, then roared back up the A3 at between 80-100mph, just to blast the cobwebs out you understand. Weird having foot pegs way out in front rather than below my feet but very comfortable. Rubber mounted engine now too, so no more numb bum on long rides.

This has all happened so quickly, I'm a bit like that though. I take a long time to come to a decision but once I do I want it now, not next week, and I'd jump rainbows to make it happen.

I've got her, she's mine now. Hang the expense and now 3 years of paying for her. She's mine. I'm over the moon and buzzing and trembling with glee.

2 comments:

David said...

Now. Box Hill. There is a place to go to with a bike. ;-)

Congratulations.

Theblonde said...

Yes, yes I remember the days of the little tea hut back when I were a lass on my little Suzuki 100 with 'L' plates. Same dame but a coffee costs a bit more now.