Thursday, March 23, 2006

Addled and Absent

My brain is addled and I find the natural flow of words onto paper difficult.

The reasons?

I have very little time on the computer when absolutely no-one is around. This morning I am starting work later so I have 45 minutes of peace.

Often my posts are written too late in the evening and I am knackered and ready for bed.
Any earlier and I struggle to keep the train of thought and flow due to the noisy gadgets, who seem to need my attention every few minutes, and the poxy tv, which is in the same room. Not good for concentration.

I also work full time and need to divide my time between them all at the end of the day, decide on and cook dinner more often than not, sort out squabbles, ferry gadgetgirlie to and from activities, have a bath with her every other day, and answer the phone, which of course rings because friends and family know that we are in during the evenings. Plus all the other usual mothers responsibilities.

I have very little ‘me’ time and feel guilty that I want it, just to write for my own pleasure.

Eventually I will have my own ‘office’, but for the foreseeable future it’s being used as a dumping ground whilst we convert and decorate other rooms.

So I will have to make do with what I have.

There enough said.

And I am going away this weekend without the gadgets so mustn’t grumble.

No comments: